The Pro-care Bariatric is an advanced multi-functional high to very high risk replacement dynamic system that provides a highly effective solution to the prevention and management of pressure ulcers for bariatric patients.
The system delivers alternating therapy to alleviate and avoid long term pressure, with a static feature providing the option of constant low pressure therapy and the Heel Relief provides zero pressure for the patient's heel.
The Pro-care Bariatric also offers innovative features such as seat inflation and max firm, with a lock out feature and both audible and visual alarms to reduce the risk of human error.
- Static Mode: Equalises the pressure across the entire mattress to two thirds of its capacity, providing constant low pressure therapy to allow greater immersion into the mattress surface and provide optimum pressure redistribution
- Alternating Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells to mimic natural sleep movement patterns and relieve pressure away form vulnerable areas, whilst also stimulating blood circulation
- Heel Section: One or more of the bottom five cells can be deflated under the patient's heel to create a void, which will enable the heel to 'float' so that there is no pressure in contact with the heel area
- Seat Inflation Mode: Increases the pressure equally across the entire mattress by 5 mmHg to deliver optimum support on sacrum area when in the Fowler position (sitting up), reducing the risk of 'bottoming out'
- Max Firm Mode: Increases the pressure of the mattress to its full capacity, to provide a stable and firmer surface during repositioning, patient transfer and nursing procideures. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes
- Step Down Feature: An adjustable cycle time allows clinicians to customise the therapy delivered to the patient, thus supporting the step down process
- Panel Lock: Decreases the risk of people tampering with the pump's settings
- Antimicrobial Filter: Supplies an additional layer of protection, with antimicrobial agents killing harmful bacteria, reducing the risk of cross contamination between patients
- Cable Management: Channels the power lead down the side of the mattress bringing an end to trailing cables, decreasing the risk of damage and tripping
- Multiple Alarms: Provides a visual and audible warning when the system loses air pressure, experieces power failure or requires a repair, decreasing the risk of a prolonged loss in adequate alternating therapy
- 2 Way Stretch Vapour Permeable Cover: Reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean and waterproof layer of protection
- Mattress Size: 200 x 122 x 20cm
- Max User Weight: 450kg (70 stone)
NOTE: Bed not included, shown in image for illustration purposes only.