The Postura Askle Circular Positioning Microbead Cushion is designed to help prevent pressure ulcers in the knees and malleolus areas.
Positioning cushions allow the repositioning of patients quickly and easily in different postures in order to relieve pressure applied on areas at risk of pressure ulcers. This in turn means the patient is much more comfortable and has an improved quality of life.
Pressure ulcers in knees and malleolus areas are very frequent in patients with muscle and tendon retractions of lower limbs. Experts recommend abduction of lower limbs to relieve pressure in knees, condyles and malleolus areas as well as in sacrum, ischions and heels areas.
Features of the Circular Positioning Cushion:
- Lower limbs in abduction
- Relief of pressure applied on condyles and internal malleolus
- No contact between knees
- Circular Cushion dimensions: 46 x 46cm
- Manufacturer code: VCP12CIC
Key Benefits for sustainable risk management:
- Anti-odour, anti-bacterial, anti-dust mite and anti-fungal
- Ultrasonic welding to avoid liquid penetration
- Silver (Ag+) ions to limit microorganism development
- PU-Polycarbonate coating on nylon mesh for greater durability
- Certified Oeko-Tex class 1 for direct contact with injured skin
- Microbeads in self-extinguishable PES to secure the use of products in bed
- Vacuum Touch concept for a good and stable repartition of microbeads in the cover