Repose Boston Chair - Tilt In Space Porter
The Boston Tilt in Space portering chair has been designed and engineered to meet the needs of semi-ambulant and non-ambulant users, addressing pressure management issues and providing a range of additional support features that can be used to modify the chair to individual needs.
The Boston provides carers with a number of options to enable regular repositioning of user's to redistribute pressure and provide all day comfort. It comes with a unique combination, of Tilt in Space and independently controlled back recline and leg elevation and is ideal as part of a 24 hour postural care programme. Available in both a manual and electric model.
Boston Porter Chair Key Features
The Boston comes with a range of key features, many are standard and some are optional (as stated).
Independent Tilt in Space
- The Tilt in Space movement allows the seat to back angle to remain the same whilst the whole seating system is tilted backwards, which means that the angle of the hips, knees and ankles are not affected during this movement. It also reduces the weight on the ischial tuberosities and redistributes the weight through the back
- This constant back angle prevents shearing to the back and bottom
- This feature can also help when moving someone in a hoist and can support better pelvic positioning by optimising the use of gravity to position the user in the optimal position
Independent backrest recline
- The backrest can be independently reclined providing a range of back angles allowing for optimal position for comfort. The angle range is 108 – 165 degrees
- The range of positions that this allows, coupled with the Independent leg rest adjustment can include the Trendelenburg position
Independent leg rest adjustment
- The leg rest on the Boston has been designed slightly longer to support good positioning of the legs. It also has a gentle profile shape to support the legs from slipping from the leg rest and reduces the risks associated with individuals crossing their legs
- The leg rest angle can be changed independently and can move 90°degrees from the standard seating position
Choice of Interchangeable and adjustable back cushions
- The Boston comes with a choice of 8 removable and adjustable back cushions so that they can be interchanged offering a range of pressure management and postural solutions. It enables changes to be made as a user’s condition alters or to adapt the chair for different user’s. This gives longevity to the chair. Details of the options and their use can be found under back cushion options
- All back cushions can be repositioned on the frame to accommodate different sitting positions. The fibre filled cushions can also be adjusted through the addition / removal of padding
- All back cushions come with removable covers for cleaning and to allow for the purchase of new ones
Choice of Interchangeable seat cushions
- The Boston comes with a choice of 6 removable seat cushions so that they can be interchanged offering a range of pressure management solutions. Details of the options can be found in the Seat Cushion Section
- All seat cushions come with removable for cleaning and to allow for the purchase of new ones
Seat depth adjustment (optional adjuster pads)
- The Boston has the option of a choice of two sets of detachable adjuster pads, 25mm (1") or 50mm (2"). They simply fit behind the back cushions using the velcro strips
Height and angle adjustable footplate (Optional)
- A height and angle adjustable footplate provides a range of support positions. The footplate can also be removed or flipped up to allow uninterrupted access with a hoist
- Angle adjustment
- The footplate has four positions to accommodate for fixed flexion and to maintain the foot position for users with drop foot. It can be folded up against the leg rest if required. it is easy to change the position by simply using the pull strap on the right-hand side of the base of the footplate to engage the locking pin
- Easily adjusted using the locking pin at the back of the footplate the seat height to footplate range is 17” to 23” (432mm to 584mm)
- Wedge adjustment blockers (Optional)
- Wedge adjustment blockers are available with all of our back cushions. The blockers fit behind the cushions allowing the carer to change the level of support and adapt the back for a user’s changing needs. Available in two sizes 2" and 3" depth
Padded seat chaise cover
- The Boston benefits from a single, full cover over the whole of the seat. This chaise, which is attached to the seat cushion, removes any pinch points and provides deep comfort to all parts of the body in contact with the chair. The seat and chaise is removable.
Padded detachable footrest pad (Optional)
- The footrest pad can be simply secured to the footrest providing the user with a softer and deeper cushion support. Available in three sizes - 2", 3" and 4"
Ease of movement - Push handle and Wing handles
- The Boston is designed to be extremely easy to push and manoeuvre. This porter chair can be easily positioned and repositioned to ensure a user can be placed exactly in the right position for transfer or to engage in activities
- Whilst the Boston comes with the traditional heavy duty push bar it also comes with additional easy to grip wing handles, providing a sturdy and comfortable hold, with the handles shaped and positioned to suit carers of different heights. These handles allow the chair to be easily moved and positioned even when an individual is in a fully reclined position
- Fitted as standard they enable the easy fitting of a lap strap and pad for portering purposes
Four heavy duty lockable castors
- The Boston comes with 4 heavy duty lockable castors designed to easily glide over low profile carpets, wooden and vinyl flooring. They are essential when the chair is stationary, for making transfers or for making changes to the chair set up. Locking them will protect against any movements tha