Foot Protectors are a unique product designed specifically to minimise the risk of pressure damage to heels. A significant proportion of pressure ulcers occur on the heels due to a combination of pressure and friction/shear. Whilst support surfaces assist in reducing pressure, only a specific device such as the Repose Standard Foot Protectors can ensure that pressure on the foot is relieved totally. Clinical studies have shown the heel protectors to be effective in a wide variety of settings.
- Studies found 'a significant improvement in skin condition and comfort'
- And also 'A reduction in incidence of heel pressure ulceration from 17% to 0%'
- May be used in bed or with feet elevated, easily secured with stocking or light bandage
- Can be used with other dynamic or static support surfaces
- Reduces impact of pressure, friction and shear
- This product is suitable for patients AT RISK to VERY HIGH RISK
Repose Air Foot Protectors & Pump Specification
- Standard Size
- Inflated dimensions: 380(l) x 200(w) x 180(h)mm
- Max patient weight: 139kg
- Contains pair of foot protectors and supplied with one small pump