The Elk is a compact, battery powered lifting cushion.
If someone falls over they can shuffle on to the cushion, or be rolled on from the recovery position and assisted to sit upright. The Elk can then be inflated at the touch of a button with someone supporting the individual from behind to bring them to a raise seated position ready to stand.
Includes the Airflo 24 battery air compressor with a 4-way hand control.
The ELK is an innovative piece of manual handling equipment, designed for single handed care. Once the lift is complete, the Elk can be deflated, folded up and stored away tidily.
- Designed to be used with the help of a carer the Elk emergency lifting cushion can be used in the tightest of spaces
- Lifts up to 70 stone (450kg)
- Portable - weighs just 3.6kg and folds up for easy carrying
- Applicable for any age
- Simple to use
- Minimises moving and handling risk - protects carers' backs
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
See the South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust website here on how to assess & help someone who has fallen and what to do after you have dealt with a fall.