The Postura Askle Foot Positioning Microbead Cushion is designed to help prevent pressure ulcers in the heel area.
Positioning cushions allow the repositioning of patients quickly and easily in different postures in order to relieve pressure applied on areas at risk of pressure ulcers. This in turn means the patient is much more comfortable and has an improved quality of life.
Pressure ulcers in heel areas are common, especially bedridden patients. Experts recommend the use of foot positioning cushions to prevent ulcers developing.
Features of the Foot Positioning Cushion:
- A slight incline to encourage venous return
- Non-traumatic edges
- No excess pressure on Achilles tendon and malleolus
- Foot Cushion dimensions: 39 x 21cm
- Manufacturer code: VCP05CIC
Key Benefits for sustainable risk management:
- Anti-odour, anti-bacterial, anti-dust mite and anti-fungal
- Ultrasonic welding to avoid liquid penetration
- Silver (Ag+) ions to limit microorganism development
- PU-Polycarbonate coating on nylon mesh for greater durability
- Certified Oeko-Tex class 1 for direct contact with injured skin
- Microbeads in self-extinguishable PES to secure the use of products in bed
- Vacuum Touch concept for a good and stable repartition of microbeads in the cover